With graduations, weddings and Father’s Day to celebrate, you may find your wallet takes a hit come June. Looking for some relief? Here’s the scoop on bargains—and what can wait—from the shopping mavens at DealNews and NerdWallet.
– June is typically a slow season for flooring retailers, so be on the lookout for low prices—and don’t be shy about negotiating for installation discounts.
Fishing, Gardening and Hardware Equipment
– June historically offers deals on fishing equipment and home-related items, like gardening and hardware tools.
– Gym memberships tend to fall in June (when many exercise outdoors), so take advantage of discounted rates for the fall.
– School may be out, but many electronics retailers kick-off back-to-school sales in June. Expect deals at Apple stores, Best Buy and online on Amazon.
– June is semi-annual sales month at Victoria’s Secret and other lingerie retailers. Gift yourself or a soon-to-be bride with an affordable set.
– In June, many outdoor retail chains offering fitness- and sports-wear and accessories slash prices up to 50 percent.
– Expect early-season sales on swimwear in June—or, wait until just after July 4 for real blow-out savings.
Hold off on:
– The hotter the summer, the higher the prices. Wait for end-of season discounts if you can.
– Prices are highest in early summer. Wait until fall for the best buys.
Grills and Patio Sets
– Prices are at a premium once summer starts. Delay buying a grill or patio furniture until August, when retailers reduce stock.
Published with permission from RISMedia.