Amazon Prime’s “Black Friday in July” sale was a major win for both the retailer and shoppers—and prompted a number of big-box and department stores to ante up sales of their own. More savings opportunities are in store this Labor Day Weekend.
According to NerdWallet, the best bargains will be on:
– Not surprisingly, car dealers will blow out this year’s models to make room for 2017 stock.
– New models of refrigerators and other kitchen appliances come out just after Labor Day, as well, making the holiday weekend prime time to score deals.
– Wine lovers know early September is the best time to stock the wine cellar. Major retailers offer their best deals now to make room for the newest vintage bottles.
The worst items to purchase over the weekend, on the other hand, are:
– Save the most on cookware in November and December, which are historically the months with the best prices.
Outdoor Grills/Patio Furniture
– The further away from summer we get, the more desperate retailers are to make room for winter goods. You’ll have fewer grills and furniture to select from, but prices will be at rock-bottom.
– Labor Day sale ads often tout deals on electronics for back-to-school, but the best time to get a deep discount on them is later in the year, during the regular Black Friday sales frenzy. If you're shopping for a television, computer, laptop, video game system, camcorder, GPS navigator or digital camera, the end-of-year discounts are worth the wait.
Published with permission from RISMedia.